Thursday, September 2, 2010

WIPEOUT!!!

The last two nights, I have been going through old photos, as far as 5-10 years back. Most I was pretty horrified at what I was taking photos of. I certainly have assembled quite a collection of photographic garbage. But then, I came across the gem.

I took this photo around 5 1/2 years ago. I cropped it from it's original landscape composition. To me, this could almost be a sort of movie poster.

Now, I reprocessed this and applied some cross-processing to it. I really wanted a bluish tint to this photo, to accent the water.

I took this shot from the Ocean beach pier, which is quite a long pier and a great spot to get a good vantage of the surfers, when there are good swells. You really don't need that much zoom, unlike if you were shooting from the beach.

The elements that I really like are the kid's expression. I also like how he is flailing his arms. The surfboard is really powerful here. Finally, I really like the water action surrounding the bottom of the surfboard. Almost makes it look like I was in the water with my camera.

Well, I  am going to continue to look through more old photos and see if there are forgotten gems, besides this one.

0 comments:

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP