Thursday, November 26, 2009

Lower Yosemite Falls


This latest Yosemite photo was on my first ever trip there, back around the Memorial Day weekend, when the waters were roaring. This was one of the few angles of the falls, where the tourists weren't flooding the area around the falls.

Now, so many photographers when they see a waterfall instinctively want to try and make the shutter speed as slow as possible, so they can really blur the water and give a sense of motion. But, when you have this much water flowing, I think you get that sense of motion. The mist coming off the falls also helps give you that feeling. When you come here in the Autumn, the water coming down the falls can completely dry up. It's a stark difference.

0 comments:

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP