Sunday, February 7, 2010

Family Time

On this trip to the San Diego Zoo, the primates seemed to be the prize of the day. In this photo, the family of Bonobos is spending time together. You could not ask for a much more precious photo. All the different emotions in a single pic.

I decided to process this one a little more aggressive, because it was shot thru thick protective glass and it affected the sharpness and focus of the image. I decided to process this black-and-white (which seems like a no-brainier). But, not only did I do that, but my goal was to bring out detail and to not let the out-of-focus areas in the image distract the viewer's eyes.

You have a lot in this photo which garners an emotional response. So much is open to the viewer's interpretation. I find the one with the hand on the other and looking like it is in deep thought or in a reflective mood, to be the most powerful. They were up against the stone wall and created a nice texture all on it's own.

This photo is more artistic than what I usually do. But, since I knew this image was a natural candidate for a black-and-white conversion, I kind of felt I could get away with a more artistic interpretation.

If you have any questions about the post-processing, feel free to leave a comment.

0 comments:

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP