Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lost in Thought

One of the things that is a powerful composition is when you can put the human mind or thought process inside that of an animal. In this case, it appears that the gorilla is lost in thought. But, what is it thinking about? In my mind, it seems neither a sad or a happy thought, but just an everyday type of thought. But, that is the beauty of a photo such as this. It is left up to the viewer's interpretation and which gives the photo strong intrigue.

This was taken moments before the zoo keepers at the San Diego Zoo fed them. The gorillas sensed they were close by and were waiting for the head of cabbage to be tossed to them. They love catching the heads of lettuce as well and boasting when they do catch them.

I usually try not to include much of the zoo structures, as possible, when composing animals in a zoo environment. But, I really liked how the solid green wall went well with the green vegetation off to the left side and it made the gorilla very prominent in the frame. It also helps when the gorilla has a pretty neat posture, to go with that stare in it's eyes.

1 comments:

patsy latscha February 9, 2010 at 4:04 PM  

I really like the over all tonality of this shot.

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP