Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Aspens in Ahwahnee Meadow

Now, anyone who has been to Yosemite or has just casually looked at photos from Yosemite National Park, are very familiar with these aspens, which are located in the Ahwahnee Meadow, in Yosemite Valley. Now, most people who take photos of this take them with perhaps Half-Dome in the background or just the cliffs in that direction. I thought I would try something different.

I decided to shoot towards Yosemite Falls. I was aiming for a sort of juxtaposition here. I like that the falls are in the shade. Everything pretty much is, besides the meadow and in particular, these aspens. I think many avoid this photo, because the houses and the road are in the background. Take a look? You can barely see them in the shade. I chose a black-n-white conversion, even though this was taken on November 1st. The aspens just really popped in the black-n-white. True, the aspens popped in the color version, as well. I believe though that the black-n-white conversion really minimizes the distractions in the background and really make you look at the aspens and trail back to Yosemite Falls. Your eyes never really want to go anywhere else. That was my objective.

Hope you enjoy this slightly different perspective of a smaller Yosemite icon.

2 comments:

platscha April 15, 2010 at 5:55 PM  

Love it, when are we going back ? I would like to see the image with a little more on the bottom, not such a tight crop there if possible, if given the choice rather have the water fall and less on bottom but both would be perfecgt to my eye.

m+m Photography April 19, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

I have never seen this perspective Charlie, nice work.

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP