Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rocks and Mountains

Well, for the first time in almost 3 months, I had the weekend all to myself. I finished up another great year of winterguard photography. It actually felt strange, to have the weekend all to myself. After shooting weeks of thousands of performers, I thought getting out and doing some landscape photography was a great way to decompress. Not to mention, I got this nice Carl Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZE lens for my Canon camera. I had not used it really since I bought it a few months ago. Today was a great day for it.

I must say, I love my new Zeiss lens! The color and details from it are great. It also really controls flare great and seems to give me better dynamic range, for whatever reason. Anyways, if you want to know more about this lens, leave me a comment or send me an email.

Now, for this photo, this was taken along the Pacific Crest trail, along Sunrise Highway, in east San Diego county. It's less than 10 miles from the town of Julian, which is known for their great homemade appliepies. But, enough about food.

There was pretty good visibility today and that mountain in the backdrop, in the upper right, really popped. Then I saw all these rocks, which looked like oversized arrowheads, stuck in the ground, at an angle. You can see these slanted rocks in the middle of the image, in the far background, off to the right, and of course, in the very foreground. I believe this is actually a part of the Anza Borrego Desert State Park. The desert floor would be below those mountains in the background.

Anyways, i just thought it was neat how this relatively plain ground had these interesting slanted rocks. that's about it. I know. Rocks can be sooooo exciting!

0 comments:

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP