Monday, April 26, 2010

The Heavens Shine Down

One of the most popular places in San Diego, to have a wedding, or a wedding reception, or after wedding photos taken is the historic Presidio, in Old Town.

One of the area you might miss, when you drive up that way is this statue of Father Junipero Serra. (Father Serra was a famous for the California missions. I am not here to give a history lesson, There is Wikipedia for you all to read up on him. Gotta love Wiki!) Anyways, you probably will notice the brick cross on your drive up to the Presidio, but as you see, you will not notice the statue of Father Serra, unless you walk back that way from the parking lot.

Now, I sought out to capture a different perspective on the cross, initially. Then, I started thinking of lining up Father Serra and juxtaposition the cross. Then, I have my Zeiss 21mm ZE lens on and knew it handles flare really well and can just about shoot start at the sun, with minimum flare. I also know this lens gives great starbursts, when you have the aperture at f8 or smaller.

So, the feel I gave this photo should be very clear. A beam of light shining down from the heavens is a common theme, when dealing with religious figures. I didn't care about blowing out the background. Again, bright, white, glaring light from the heavens fits that feel. Also, the background would possibly show interstate 8. I am sure that would not work with this photo.

I took this photo a the right time. I tried switching to landscape feel, but the sun had just moved enough to where the starburst wasn't lining up right anymore.

Anyways, it's a Monday and I hope someone is looking down upon you, from up above.

1 comments:

Suzanne April 28, 2010 at 5:38 PM  

This turned out especially nice - the cross, the starburst, etc.
Very very nice!

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP