Sunday, April 11, 2010

Busting out

Another Saturday and another day of photographing the pageantry art known as winterguard (indoor colorguard).

This is the start of this winterguard's show. It has an amazon feel and they are breaking out from their cage. Now this might seem like an easy photo to take. Looks can be deceiving. The key is to sit where I can get decent depth of field as well as proper composition.

Now, I saw this show like a week earlier. So I had an idea of how the show starts. That helps quite a bit. Still, it's a challenge on my memory, when I photograph over 300 guards during only a couple months. Knowing between which bars she would come out is vital. A smaller detail is they start lifting another girl in the background up. I did not want her getting chopped off.

Anyways, I got fortunate because the performer busting out has the perfect look. I can only do so much making the photo. The performer has to do their part, as well. This photo certainly draws an emotional response. I think this is a photo that would be perfect for a program cover or poster.

Well, next weekend is championships and that will conclude my weekends of winterguard photography until next February. It's always fun, but at the same time, I am ready for the rest. So are my cameras. I certainly wear them out, as well. But photos like these and seeing the kids loving them makes it all the worthwhile.

1 comments:

Anonymous April 12, 2010 at 12:12 AM  

Very nice image!

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP