Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Autumn in Ahwahnee


For everyone who has visited Yosemite Valley in the Autumn, knows very well about this cluster of aspen trees in the Ahwahnee meadow. It isn't exactly the most elusive photographic shot in the world, to say the least. So why couldn't I resist not taking this photo? Hopefully, the image shows why.

The aspens are cool, but they are past prime color and many of the leaves on the bottom branches have fallen off. But, it is all about the light here. The aspen trees still stand out, as the pine trees behind them are enough in the shade. This helps make the aspens pop. I also like how the sun hits the tops of the pine trees and the cliffs only, while leaving the rest in the shade. Finally, the grass in the meadow is lit at varying intensities throughout the scene.

What is cool about these aspens, even though they are photographed so many times, is that you can put them into so many different scenes. This is just one of several options. Just walk around the meadow and this cluster of aspens and you can be here for a while.

0 comments:

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP