Thursday, November 12, 2009

In the Spotlight



This classic view of Half-Dome, from Sentinel Bridge, in Yosemite National Park, is usually a spot that most photographers shoot in the late day sunshine. This is because Half-Dome and the trees along the Merced River are front lit by the sun.

I was driving across Sentinel Bridge in the morning, when I saw this lone tree spotlit by the early morning rays. I was with a friend and we immediately parked the car and headed over to the bridge to snag this shot. The focus is on the brilliant foliage of the tree, almost like stealing the spotlight from the obvious Half-Dome. I felt very fortunate to be in the right spot at the right time. So a classic Yosemite iconic photo, which is usually always associated with late day sun was a gem in the early morning.

0 comments:

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP