Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Magical Moods of Yosemite


On my recent trip to Yosemite, some of the images I wanted to capture were the ones right at the break of dawn. Not to really capture the sunrise or the morning light, per se, but to try and capture some of the early morning fog. Unfortunately, the weather was so nice and warm, that there was hardly any fog to be found in the valley, or clouds for that matter.

In this image, this layer of fog was found very often while driving into the valley from Wawona. This is right across the road from the Wawona Hotel and right next to the 9-hole golf course (which I have yet to see anyone play on).

I liked a few things about this image. One of them was the setting moon. Another element I liked, of course, was the layers of fog. Third, I liked how the evergreens were in a few clumps together. I like how the fog seemed to weave it's way down these hills and around these clumps of trees. The last thing I loved about this scene was just the color of the sky. I just overall liked the mood of this scene.

This is yet again a scene you do not have to hike 5 miles into the back country to find. This was one of those driving into Yosemite and pulling the car off to the side of the road moments. That is one thing you always have to do in Yosemite, is to keep your eyes open and on the lookout, because there always seems to be magical scenes wherever you are in the park.

0 comments:

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP