Saturday, November 21, 2009

Stickwork


Well, another Saturday is upon us and for me, that means another full day of photographing marching bands, here in Southern California.

This Saturday, I will be out in Riverside, CA, shooting approximately 35 marching bands performing around a 10 minute show each. This day will last around 12 hours. I truly enjoy photographing pageantry arts. There is never an absence of photographic subjects.

This is an image taken at last week's show. I like this image, because usually taking photos of the front pit members, I don't get a complimentary background, without having to wait and time it just right. When I am trying to take photos of as many individual performers, I do not have the luxury to sit and wait for my shots all that long. But, in this shot, I really like how the 3 out-of-focus performers add to the xylophone player in th foreground.

By the way, all the photos I take at these are shot in jpeg format on my camera. If I shot these in RAW, I would never get through all the photos. I can literally shoot somewhere between 5,000-10,000 shutter clicks during one show.

Well, time for me to get ready and head out. Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!

0 comments:

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP