Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sentinel Rock, the Black and White Version


Here is the back and white version of Sentinel Rock, from Cathedral Beach. The Merced River in the foreground. I kind of prefer the black and white version versus the color version I posted yesterday. Not sure why, but I do. I think the detail stands out more in this version.

Another look I like to process with, is more of a tin or ambrotype finish. I like to fool around with all sorts of different looks. But, I try to keep the actual fabric of the photo looking natural, as much as possible. I try to get as much out of the camera as correct as possible. I do not like to post-process an image that long at all. I feel the more time you mess with it, the more damage you start to cause. So I keep my processing time down to usually no more than 15 minutes an image.

0 comments:

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP