Saturday, December 5, 2009

Backyard Bridge


I was up in Bremerton, Washington for a few days on business. In order, to get from SeaTac Airport to Bremerton, you will take highway 16 west. This will lead you across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.

The original Tacoma Narrows bridge, is infamous, especially amongst civil engineers. Back in 1940, the original bridge started swaying and eventually collapsed. I am sure most people have seen that at one point or another. For civil engineers, it was an embarrassing moment at the time, but now it is a valuable learning tool.

I took this photo while on my way back to SeaTac airport. This was taken from the east side, the Tacoma side of the Tacoma Narrows. I walked around and went down a side street, looking for a different perspective of this infamous bridge. By the way, the the bridge on the left side was recently built and completed only a few years ago.

What a neighborhood! I really like the contrast between the neighborhood and the towering bridge right in their backyard. How would you like to have that in your backyard?

0 comments:

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP