Sunday, December 13, 2009

Running With The Clouds



In the last week or so, the San Diego area has had 2 storms come through, giving the area some much needed rain, to say the least. Now when we have storms here in Southern California, I race out of my place and head out to snap some photos. We do not get much weather around these parts. So, it's an opportunity to capture scenes of San Diego that are a little different then the usual clear, blue skies that we are accustomed to.

In this photo, I was out at Pacific Beach. The rain stopped for a while and the clouds broke a little, creating some very nice lighting and some dramatic scenery. I think the tide was out, at this time, but still had plenty of beach that was wet. With the dramatic clouds and the reflective beach, the runner was the final piece to bring this scene all together. It seems like the world, in the clouds, is all his own.

Lastly, for this shot, I used my Lensbaby Composer. I think by using it, it kept the scene very dreamy and soft, which I felt fits perfectly for the type of scene it was. I think harsh lines would have changed this photo quite a bit.

0 comments:

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP