Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Half-Dome


Here's another photo from my recent trip to Yosemite, that I tried again to make an iconic shot a little different. This was taken from just across the road from the Ahwahnee meadow, right next to the asphalt path. Now, this is a photo of Half-Dome, I have not seen before. Yet again, I did not have to hike a few miles into the back-country to find.

I was just strolling along this path, when I just happened to notice how Half-Dome was sort of poking through the canopy of trees. Again, Half-Dome might not be in the best of light, but the back-light lit up the foliage on these trees and really made them vibrant. So while Half-Dome might be the subject of this photo, the vibrant foliage that the trees are displaying makes the context of this photo simply that it is autumn in Yosemite. Even the ferns along the ground change color and add some nice reds to the shot.

0 comments:

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP