Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Few Autumn Leftovers


Here's yet another from my most recent trip to Yosemite. Looking at the weather forecasts right now, I was lucky to have gone to Yosemite when I did. Right now, it is warm at Yosemite, with Temps in the 50's. I think most of the snow in the valley has disappeared. Only snow I think you will find right now is in the high country and you are going to have to hike to get to that.

I shot this photo, late in the day, just before sunset. We stopped here for the fog that was rolling in. There is just something much more magical about Yosemite, when the fog rolls in.

In this photo, I like a lot of things. I like the fog in the background, for one. That sets up the rest of the shot, by giving it a great atmospheric mood. I also like the curvature on the branch. Then, you have the group of 3 trees in the backdrop, and the rest of the trees disappearing into the fog, as you work your eyes back. Lastly, I like how the few remaining fall leaves are still on the tree and show up well. It is like the only color in the photo, that is prominent.

0 comments:

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP