Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Yosemite Valley from Tunnel View


Here is probably the most classic shot of Yosemite. This is a view of Yosemite Valley from a location called Tunnel View. Obviously, you can probably guess where this location is right next to.

On this last trip to Yosemite, I decided not to spend much time here, unless there was something interesting happening. Well, I did not have a shot with the fog blanketing the valley. As I was heading out of Yosemite for the day, I decided to stop here and check it out. It was already well after sunset, when I took this shot.

For this shot, I definitely had to have this on a tripod. To give you an idea how dark it was, I exposed this for 30 seconds, at ISO200. I did not have a stopwatch with me to do bulb exposure. That would have been ideal. But, this came out okay. 

1 comments:

patsy latscha January 12, 2010 at 11:18 PM  

Was not ready to go back up there so soon but I look at this photo and then the weather report and afraid I might have to go after all.

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP