Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yun Zi


Here is the latest panda cub, 5-month old, Yun Zi, at the world famous San Diego Zoo.

For most of the morning, he was sleeping away, even during rainfalls, curled up in the trees. On my third check right before it was time for Yun Zi to come off exhibit, Yun Zi finally awakened and was practicing his tree climbing skills.

For this shot, I used a 300mm with a 2X extender attached. It was cloudy all morning until Yun Zi awakened and the sun came out, making exposure control difficult, which is why I put the 2X extender on, to minimize the area that might get blown out. It turns out, I liked how Yun Zi filled the frame here. The eyes of a panda cub are captivating and are much easier to get the whites of their eyes when they are a cub, vice when they are a full-grown adult.

Yun Zi is on exhibit at the zoo from 9AM till noon.

1 comments:

Frank B. Baiamonte January 28, 2010 at 12:03 AM  

Looks like you got some nice shots on your trip to the Zoo. I like all of these.

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP