Monday, January 18, 2010

Taking A Break


This surfer is taking a break and enjoying the day before the wave of expected storms hits Southern California, all week long. El Nino is back and it is going to be a very wet week. So this past Saturday, many folks were at the beach, even though it wasn't all that warm. Plenty of surfers getting in their last sets, before probably a week off from surfing, due to the expected storms.

I thought this was a different type of surf shot. This was taken at La Jolla Shores, with the Scripps Pier in the background. I really liked how he was posed and basically taking in the scenery and just chilling. I thought the surfer coming out of the water added a very nice touch to the photo. The pier is just basically a reference point. If you are familiar with Scripps Pier, then you then understand where this was taken.

I converted this in black-and-white. The clouds were in and out all day long. At this point, it was mostly overcast. The shot was basically void of any color to begin with. So it was a pretty obvious photo to convert to black-and-white.

1 comments:

Frank B. Baiamonte January 19, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

I like the way this is framed, and I think the black & white works well too.

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP