Sunday, January 24, 2010

Head Rest


Here's another from the world famous San Diego Zoo. This is a Golden-Bellied Mangabey. It was a cool, showery day and many animals at the zoo had the same idea as this monkey. It was a good day to just lay your head down and rest.

For this shot, I used a 300mm telephoto lens at f2.8 aperture. You have to use a big telephoto with the aperture opened up wide, to shoot through the fence. At this time, the sky was overcast, which is another key to be able to defeat the fence. If the sun hits the fence, the pattern will show up in the photo.

I took a lot of shots of this guy. Such a cute pose. I also made sure to choose a solid background, without any bright spots. The orange of this monkey contrasts well against the lush green backdrop and makes the monkey stand out in the photo, with no other distractions.

0 comments:

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP