Saturday, January 9, 2010

Relaxing Spa at Yosemite


Now talk about a photo which really fools some people. This was taken on my latest trip to Yosemite National Park. Now, are you asking yourself, "Where is there a natural spa in Yosemite?" Well, the answer is Bridalveil Creek. Ok, ok... It is not actually a spa or hot spring, of course. Let me explain.

I was walking along the Bridalveil Creek, from Bridalveil Falls. A large part of this was because the asphalt path to and from the falls was very icy and slippery. Easier to walk off the path. I was actually trying to find some leftover fall leaves frozen or mixed with snow. I ventured past the stone bridge and low and behold, I found this. Doesn't it look like it was man-made? I was amazed how perfect the circular shape was in this section of the creek. The dusting of snow surrounding the pool really reinforced the circular shape. I could actually imagine seeing a person, sitting in this pool, his or her back leaning up against the big rock, and soaking it all in. Well, maybe if the water temp wasn't around 36 degrees or so.

0 comments:

About Me

San Diego, California, United States
Thanks for checking out my photography blog. I am a photographer from America's finest city, San Diego, California. This blog is just a regular update of what I am photographing or what catches my fancy, when I am out and about with my camera. So subscribe and stay up-to-date with my latest photographic adventures.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP